- 1 BIG (16 oz) Coffee Mug — we use a Disney one (of course)
- 4 Tbsp. Self Rising Flour
- 4 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Baking Cocoa (We use the Hersey’s Dark Coco)
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tbsp. Milk
- 3 Tbsp. Oil
- 3 Tbsp. Chocolate Chips (we use the Ghirardelli Bittersweet)
- Splash of Vanilla
- Pinch of Salt
- Add dry ingredients to a bowl and mix well.
- Add egg, mix thoroughly. Pour in milk and oil, mix well.
- Greased the cup, or better yet, use the spray stuff with flour in it
- Add vanilla and mix, pour into the mug.
- Drop the chocolate chips in to the batter (that is already in the mug).
- Cook in microwave for 3 minutes (for a 1000 watts microwave). Â Allow to cool a little.
- Drop onto a plate and enjoy. Of course ice cream or whip cream goes really good with it.
- Strawberries and whip cream optional 🙂
Part 2: I’m experimenting with a “healthier?” version of this recipe, I’ll post it later after a few more tries, ha!
The joys of living in a small town. Â I sent the Frosty Cappuccino recipe to my friend Sarah Bell because I know she loves coffee and with 2 kids, well 3 counting Donnie, I’m sure she needs as much caffeine as she can get!
She e-mailed me back and said that she couldn’t find the Espresso Instant powder anywhere in town. Â I have no idea where Jennifer and I purchased it from, but we used the last bit of it on Monday night!
Where else to look but the Wal-mart of the Internet (which calling it Wal-mart is almost an insult, it is so much better than Wal-mart). Of course I’m talking about Amazon.
Sure enough, the not only have it, but have the exact brand that we’ve been using. Â I do have to buy a 6 pack of it but I will be drinking the Frosty Cappuccino’s for a while now!
Jennifer and I love coffee drinks and while we’ll make a frozen mocha from scratch (making the espresso), here is a great recipe that I ran across about 2 weeks ago that we’ve made a lot.Â Below is the “Neal” version of it.Â I recommend sticking it in the freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes after it is put in the glasses to get good and cold.
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 4 Tblsp chocolate syrup
- 2 tsp espresso instant powder (or dark roast instant coffee powder)
- 6 to 8 ice cubes
- In blender, combine milk, chocolate syrup, espresso powder, and and blend until mixture is mixed.
- Add ice one or two cubes at a time.Â Blend until smooth and frothy. Pour into 4 chilled Irish Cream glasses. Optionally: Sprinkle with cinnamon for garnish.
(Based on Frosty Cappuccino recipe in Good Housekeeping’s Blend It! More of my recipes at www.ibits.biz/recipes/ )