This list is a pretty short list. Up until our last trip to the parks in 2008, we hadn’t purchased any meal plan. After doing the QuickService only on that trip, we are a believer and will be contining to purchase it. Feel free to send us your favorite places. We do recommend the character dinning for the site down meals. We’ve only attended a couple, but it is the best way to see the characters (although I recently read there are some fast passes for characters now!)
CD = Character Dinning
QS = Quick Service
SD = Sit Down
SK = Snack
- The Liberty Tavern (SD) — we’ve had a number of people recommend it, but haven’t tried it, but plan to on our next trip)
- Starlight Cafe (in Tomorrowland) (QS) — has a ton of seating, so depending on the time of year, that may be important. Cheese robotic DJ sometimes.
- The Enchanted Grove (Fantasyland) (QS) — has a ton of seating, so depending on the time of year, that may be important.
- The Crystal Palace (CD) — expensive (I think it takes more than the usual credits, but have heard it is wonderful)
- Main Street Bakery (SK)– great snacks
- Plaza Ice Cream Parlor(SK) — yea, it is ice cream? Can you go wrong?
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall (CD) — We’ve had multiple friends tell us that they think this is one of the best Character dinning experiences because of the number of princesses you get to see. We have heard that sometimes the food is a little weird though.
- The Garden Grill Restaurant (CD) — Chip ‘n Dale — We haven’t been to this one yet either, but also heard it was a lot of fun, and the restaurant rotates (slowly) as you dine.
- San Angel Inn (SD) — In Mexico, mexican food, not bad, nothing extra special.
- Via Napoli (SD) — I have heard mixed things about this place in Itlay. A co-worker went and loved it, then I read a few bad reviews about the service on a message forum I frequent. We’ll probably still give it at try on the next trip.
- Liberty Inn (QS) — in USA — Check the passporter tips, I think I may have one about an optical illusion that is on the wall in here. Basic America food.
- Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe (QS) and (SK) — in Norway, STOP HERE! If nothing else, get a snack!
- Backlot Express (QS) — lots of sitting room, the server always seemed a bit slow to us though
- Pizza Planet (QS) — yes from Toy Story, ha! Good pizza, it is usually pretty packed, but the pizza was good
- Hollywood Brown Derby (SD) — Never been, but heard great things from my college roommate that has been there.
- Mama Melrose’s Risorante Italiano (SD) — Been once, it was really good.
- 50’s Prime Time Cafe — Good food, rude service (which they are suppose to be, ha!) Don’t order green beans unless you are going to eat them, because they’ll make you, ha!
- Pizzafari (QS) — the one time we at here, the service was very, very, very slow. The only positive is I talked to a Disney Vacation Club member and by the end of the day we had decide to look into it (my college roommate had talked to me about it previously)
- Yak & Yeti Restaurant (SD) — was recommend by some friends too.
BTW – We are Disney Vacation Club (DVC) Members and love it, more information about it from us is here.